Having completed a number of projects for CBRE at the Fareham Reach Industrial Estate, Quaystone were pleased to get the chance to return earlier last year for yet another.
The landlord wanted the existing building to be used in a new way – changing from a warehouse to a trade counter unit.
Work to the building includes facade adaptations, internal construction of a shell accommodation pod and WC block along with refurbishment of the remaining finishes.
As well as adapting the building, there are extensive external works to form new vehicle and pedestrian zones, regrading and surfacing of the estate road running parallel to the office block, creating new row of car parking spaces along with associated hard and soft landscaping.
Because the neighbouring unit is a live police station, works are being carried out in two phases to maintain access for Hampshire Constabulary’s emergency vehicles.
Works, valuing approximately £800k include: –
- Mechanical and Electrical works to suit new layout
- Construction of new toilet core
- Heating and cooling services
- Installation of glazed facade
- Canopy to front of unit
- Ground works to include filling in of previous loading bay
- New car park layout
- New footpaths and smoking shelters
- Service and utility works